Tuesday, February 17, 2009

An Old Finish to Share


I found Pat Sloan at Pat Sloan's Place on Facebook. I thought I would share with her one of her quilts that I made. This is Rose Medallion by Pat Sloan from her book Vintage Blooms. The great fabrics were chosen by someone else. They were in a kit at a wonderful quilt shop in Cedarburg, Wisconsin which is unfortunately no longer there. I love kits because I am not always confident when it comes to picking out great fabrics. I looked behind the quilt and I didn't label it so I forget when I finished it. :(
In the picture is Uncle Sam carved by my father, a very talented wood carver. The framed cross-stitch is called I Pledge by La-D-Da. I finished that a long time ago also. The dresser was lovingly made by my wonderful husband from butternut wood to match our bed. We are all so crafty.
Have a great evening!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that shop in Cedarburg. I love Cedarburg. We took the kids up for the harvest festival & bought quite a few Christmas presents to tuck away for people at the craft fair. I get lucky the festival is usually the weekend before my birthday so we go up to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete