Thursday, August 6, 2009
2. My little nephew will be receiving excellent medical care at Walter Reed Medical Center.
3. The Lord has taken care of all of our needs each day.
4. My husband has defied the odds and has had work.
5. A few weeks ago, my husband was able to come to my rescue and give me a push when my van broke down at a busy intersection. (We live in an area where man doesn't always help his neighbor. :( ) (What is strange is that this happened on the same road where last spring, my husband rescued someone in the early hours, 3-4 out of 5 Sundays. I've told him that he needs to be a community officer for this road. The world needs him!)
6. My husband has a friend with a towing business who came and helped us in a jiffy. He didn't even charge us, just had my husband take him out to lunch. Thank you Ted!
7. My parents dropped everything that afternoon and came to rescue my son and I. Sigh.
8. The van has been fixed and God has provided.
9. I am going to meet a friend at the park today.
10. Good books.
For all of these people and things, I am thankful!
The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God and I will exalt him.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
2. I am thankful that he and the other men with him were kept safe during their work.
3. I am thankful that we all could attend the municipal band concert Tuesday night.
4. I am thankful that the band played and will finish their season even though the city has pulled their funding. :( Their director is a gem.
5. I am thankful that my daughter had a good, safe day at the amusement park yesterday.
6. I am thankful for a free evening with no plans.
7. I am thankful for my parents who are always very generous to us.
8. I am thankful for the beautiful weather that we have been having.
9. I am thankful for the lazy summer days that we can have.
10. I am thankful for instant information available to us on the internet.
You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done.
~ Psalm 92:4, NLT
Monday, July 13, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
2. I am thankful that the game controller in my son's hand has been replaced by a rake, the controls of a riding lawnmower, a paint brush, a push mower, a shovel.
3. I am thankful for my husband's and my continual healing.
4. I am thankful for the beauty of growing things.
5. I am thankful for my son's band concert tonight which is always one of the highlights of my summer.
6. I am thankful for the work that my husband has even though it has taken him out of town and I really don't know quite where he has gone or when he will be returning. I need to locate that atlas.
7. I am thankful for my home.
8. I am thankful for the enjoyable weekend that our family had over the 4th of July holiday.
9. I am thankful that God provided the funds so that I was able to pay another large medical bill this week.
10. I am thankful for being able to have HOPE for the future!
I hope that you are having a good week!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
2. I am thankful for my family.
3. I am thankful for cooler weather this week.
4. I am thankful for my son's interest in band and the opportunity that he has had to play with the public school district these past 5 years.
5. I am thankful that the Lord has provided for all of our needs today.
6. I am thankful for healthy children.
7. I am thankful for books.
8. I am thankful that we were able to turn in our last payment for Phase II of my child's braces today. Thank you Lord for providing for us in that way.
9. I am thankful for my husband, his good nature that keeps us going, his hard work, his compassion for people, and the good example that he sets for me and my children.
10. As we approach Independence Day, I am thankful for all of the freedoms that my family and I are able to enjoy and I am thankful for all of the men and women that are serving and have served so that we can continue to be free.
Sing to the Lord, all the earth; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day. Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples. For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised. I Chronicles 16:23-25
Thursday, June 25, 2009
1. I am thankful that my husband is feeling stronger and more like himself as each day passes.
2. I am thankful that the Lord has provided us with exactly what we need today.
3. I am thankful for my children and that when I peek in the living room, each one has their head in a book.
4. I am thankful that my husband has work today.
5. I am thankful for libraries.
6. I am thankful for being able to hear my children's laughter.
7. I am thankful for music. Music that brings back memories, music that is ridiculous and makes me laugh, music that brings a tear to my eye.
8. I am thankful for the times that I can have a needle in my hand. (sewing needle)
9. I am thankful that the Lord saw us through another crisis last weekend.
10. I am thankful for fresh starts.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
I am thankful that my husband got a good report at the doctor's office yesterday and that he was able to work a few hours today.
Monday, June 15, 2009
I finished Blackbirds by Calico Printworks from their book Scraps Again. It was a good weekend to just do mindless binding. I am in a Blackbird funk. I am also stitching another Blackbird piece. For this quilt I used what I had and only had to buy a $10 spool of thread to quilt it. Finishes are so great! I started this years ago and I am glad to be done. I will try to get a label on the back tonight. I have been pouring over old magazines and books and making a pile of things that I would like to work on. I am drawn to a lot of basket quilts which I have never made, or finished. I need to remain focused though and keep working on a few things that I have out. I am working on a Joined at the Hip quilt. I have one more block to do and then I am stuck. There is suppose to be an American flag on the top and bottom but I am not wanting the quilt to go in that direction but I think that it will need something. I have the flags made already. I could just throw them on and be done with it...we'll see. I have been digging and digging in my fabric boxes for fabrics to use on these projects and I am refamiliarizing myself with some old projects. Maybe I can learn to love them again! :) I hope that you are having a good day whether it is starting something, finishing something, or bringing a loved one home!
I am thankful for my family!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
I am going to start binding my quilt Blackbird this weekend. Binding, my favorite part of quilting. I just love how it feels in my hand and the stitching and the anticipation of being almost finished with something. I didn't hand quilt it. I just did not love it enough to spend the next 10 years of my life putting a few stitches in it every now and again. I am also going to remain positive and not mention all the mess that I made of that thing. :) Maybe by early next week I will have a finished quilt to post. The sun finally came out here. I hope that you are all well and have a wonderful weekend!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
The girls and I are going to head to Menard's with my husband's gift card to buy some plants for our garden. I guess I get a garden after all. Never say "Never". I asked the children yesterday what they would like to put in the garden. All I could get out of them was "Venus fly traps" or a "pitcher plant". I think that I will have to do all of the work in the garden too. Happy Planting to you today!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
I am so proud of the wonderful young man that my son has become. I have been laughing this week. In the past I have been busy with managing everyone's various activities. Now I am busy keeping up with my son's work schedule. I asked him if I could get a percentage as his agent. That would only leave him with about $1 an hour so we might have to think of something else. :) His Grandpa's have been keeping him busy with work. He is a big, strong, hard-working boy with a great attitude. (That sounds an awful lot like his father BTW. ) As parents we want good things for our children and we want them to become good people and as J's mother, I really love the direction that he is headed! I love you my fine young man!
Monday, May 11, 2009
I finished this little stitching called "May Day Freebie" from Betty of primitivebettys. I loved the blue and olive green together in this. I don't know if I am crazy about the pillow. I might have preferred it in a frame but I am crazy about a little finish.
I had a enjoyable Mother's Day, a good full day of family and fun. Thank you family! I love you!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
It's snowing outside but I am oblivious because I am amassing a small army of these sweet bee skep candles. They smell wonderful. Now it's time to work on some banana bread. I hope that you are enjoying your day whether it is snowy, sunny, or something in between!