Thursday, June 25, 2009
1. I am thankful that my husband is feeling stronger and more like himself as each day passes.
2. I am thankful that the Lord has provided us with exactly what we need today.
3. I am thankful for my children and that when I peek in the living room, each one has their head in a book.
4. I am thankful that my husband has work today.
5. I am thankful for libraries.
6. I am thankful for being able to hear my children's laughter.
7. I am thankful for music. Music that brings back memories, music that is ridiculous and makes me laugh, music that brings a tear to my eye.
8. I am thankful for the times that I can have a needle in my hand. (sewing needle)
9. I am thankful that the Lord saw us through another crisis last weekend.
10. I am thankful for fresh starts.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
I am thankful that my husband got a good report at the doctor's office yesterday and that he was able to work a few hours today.
Monday, June 15, 2009
I finished Blackbirds by Calico Printworks from their book Scraps Again. It was a good weekend to just do mindless binding. I am in a Blackbird funk. I am also stitching another Blackbird piece. For this quilt I used what I had and only had to buy a $10 spool of thread to quilt it. Finishes are so great! I started this years ago and I am glad to be done. I will try to get a label on the back tonight. I have been pouring over old magazines and books and making a pile of things that I would like to work on. I am drawn to a lot of basket quilts which I have never made, or finished. I need to remain focused though and keep working on a few things that I have out. I am working on a Joined at the Hip quilt. I have one more block to do and then I am stuck. There is suppose to be an American flag on the top and bottom but I am not wanting the quilt to go in that direction but I think that it will need something. I have the flags made already. I could just throw them on and be done with it...we'll see. I have been digging and digging in my fabric boxes for fabrics to use on these projects and I am refamiliarizing myself with some old projects. Maybe I can learn to love them again! :) I hope that you are having a good day whether it is starting something, finishing something, or bringing a loved one home!
I am thankful for my family!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
I am going to start binding my quilt Blackbird this weekend. Binding, my favorite part of quilting. I just love how it feels in my hand and the stitching and the anticipation of being almost finished with something. I didn't hand quilt it. I just did not love it enough to spend the next 10 years of my life putting a few stitches in it every now and again. I am also going to remain positive and not mention all the mess that I made of that thing. :) Maybe by early next week I will have a finished quilt to post. The sun finally came out here. I hope that you are all well and have a wonderful weekend!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
The girls and I are going to head to Menard's with my husband's gift card to buy some plants for our garden. I guess I get a garden after all. Never say "Never". I asked the children yesterday what they would like to put in the garden. All I could get out of them was "Venus fly traps" or a "pitcher plant". I think that I will have to do all of the work in the garden too. Happy Planting to you today!