1. We have had a cool summer. (But this weekend we are in for some heat.)
2. My little nephew will be receiving excellent medical care at Walter Reed Medical Center.
3. The Lord has taken care of all of our needs each day.
4. My husband has defied the odds and has had work.
5. A few weeks ago, my husband was able to come to my rescue and give me a push when my van broke down at a busy intersection. (We live in an area where man doesn't always help his neighbor. :( ) (What is strange is that this happened on the same road where last spring, my husband rescued someone in the early hours, 3-4 out of 5 Sundays. I've told him that he needs to be a community officer for this road. The world needs him!)
6. My husband has a friend with a towing business who came and helped us in a jiffy. He didn't even charge us, just had my husband take him out to lunch. Thank you Ted!
7. My parents dropped everything that afternoon and came to rescue my son and I. Sigh.
8. The van has been fixed and God has provided.
9. I am going to meet a friend at the park today.
10. Good books.
For all of these people and things, I am thankful!
The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God and I will exalt him.